Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Monday Morning Update (Tuesday Style): December 9th, 2008

The Week That Was: What a week. I finished up my last week of classes this past week. I turned in a 16 page paper. Andrea's parents came down for a visit. As soon as they left, my cousin Shannon came in for a visit. I wrote an 11 page paper. I preached. It has been a whirlwind week. But, I am finished with all my work, and now just have to study for a final tomorrow night. Then I can breathe for a couple weeks.

Church Review: I preached at our 9:30 and 11:07 services. I thought, after the fact, that I could have done the end of my sermon a little differently to be a little more effective. I talked about whether we are preparing for Christ or Christmas. My cousin Shannon is a missionary in Peru and she was in all the services sharing about what God is doing there through the ministry she is connected with. It was exciting to hear, and I was really proud to have family who is serving God around the world.

Where I Am At the Moment: I am in my office, getting ready to go home to eat lunch and begin studying for my BIblical Interpretation final. I have Abbie tonight while Andrea has a girl's night out. I'm looking forward to the time with my little girl!

On My To-Do List This Week: Besides the already mentioned final, I need to put up some Christmas lights and work on my Dec. 21 and 24 sermons. Friday is my first Sabbath with no school work. I am planning on spending the morning reading and then watching a movie...something I haven't done in a while. Andrea and I are going out for our anniversary Friday night.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie has had a cold. She has been fussy. She is an amazing blessing. She is copying more and more words. The best is when she says "Touchdown!" just like her daddy!

Book I am in the Midst Of: I'm going to finish The Great Emergence on Friday. It talks about the major shifts in Christianity that seems to happen about every 500 years. Pretty interesting stuff.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: I listened to Enya's "O Come O Come Emmanuel" this week. Haunting.

How I Feel About this week: I can't wait until Friday.

No comments: