Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday Morning Update: November 3, 2008

The Week That Was: Not a bad week overall. Although I got very little done the way I wanted to get it done. Friday's are usually reserved for sermon writing and school work, but instead I had somone at the house doing some repairs. Some good news of the week was my laptop crashed back in September (not the good news), but after a month of waiting, I might be getting an upgraded one back. Hopefully soon. Andrea, Abbie and I went to Abbott's Pond on Sunday for a nature walk. She stopped to pick up lots of leaves along the way. I also had lunch with Becky (from my church), Kathleen and Mel (From Delanco camp). They are all students at Eastern University. It was great to see them all.

Church Review: I generally write my sermons out, and the preach without reading from the manuscript. Normally you should trust the flow of what you've written. I was not fully happy with my sermon so I tried (during the 9:30 service) to make it something that it was not. Fortunately, I did not make that mistake at 11:07. It was a busy morning at church with stewardship stuff, All Saints Day, Mission team commissioning, and communion.

Where I Am At the Moment: It's 6:30 a.m...just finished devotions and I am waiting to go get Abbie up and ready for the day.

On My To-Do List This Week: School work and a sermon. That really about says it.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Last week, I wrote that maybe we're getting a break from Abbie teething. I was wrong. I've been awake at 4:30 a.m. that last few mornings as she wakes up with uncomfortable gums. Poor girl. When Abbie is ready for dinner she has begun to tell us "Eat, eat, eat!" rather emphatically.

Book I am in the Midst Of: I am mostly reading seminary stuff. Not much else.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: I heard a few songs off of Grits' new CD on iTunes (and downloaded a few). Pretty good stuff. The problem I have with Grits is at one time I thought they were innovative with their sound...now they seem more chameleon like by doing whatever is popular at the time. Bring back the old Grits!

How I Feel About this week: It should be a good week. Andrea has off on Election Day, so we're voting (and I hope you are to!) and then going out to breakfast and to a park together with Abbie. That will certainly be the highlight of my week.

No comments: