Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Morning Update: October 27, 2008

The Week That Was: This past week was pretty good. Saturday was my birthday. I turned 30 for those of you who missed it in a previous post. Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes. It meant a lot. My mom and aunt came out for a visit for the weekend. It was good to see them. As far as school goes, I am officially halfway through the semester. We registered for classes last week. I will be doing a J-Term intensive class on New Testament Greek in January, which means I'll be living in Philly all week throughout January. I also took the plunge to go full-time again next semester. I think I can do it!

Church Review: This was the first Sunday that I preached in a while. I am doing a series on worship. This Sunday's message focused on Our Response to Who God Is. While I don't always take much stock in immediate feedback from a sermon, a few people spoke with me that they had some good discussions about the sermon yesterday afternoon. I think that is always a goal of mine is to preach something that begins a conversation about our relationship with God.

Where I Am At the Moment: I am at home right now. I have to do a Biblical Interpretation project this afternoon before Charge Conference tonight.

On My To-Do List This Week: I have a clergy meeting tomorrow where I am presenting some stuff in regards to background checks. I am one of 3 pastors around 30...so most of the pastors have no clue who I am. But it will be good to contribute to the meeting. I am also working on a college age mission trip this week.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie has had about 4 teeth come in during the last three weeks. She has started evening out in her mood, so maybe there is a break coming. She is a talker. She gabs and gabs. It is fun trying to figure out what she is saying.

Book I am in the Midst Of: I am mostly reading seminary stuff. Not much else.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: While I did receive a new iPod for my birthday (thanks andrea!), I haven't heard any new music. I am in a busy school cycle again.

How I Feel About this week: I am feeling good about the week ahead. I think Andrea and I have some time schedule to get away together on Saturday. Once I get through school, it will be a great week!

No comments: