Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Morning Update: October 13, 2008

The Week That Was: The week was pretty crazy. I missed one of my seminary classed because Abbie needed picked up from Day care. Once I left Delaware for school on Wednesday, I did not make it back to Delaware until Sunday evening. Five days on the road. The reason, was the Delanco Fall Retreat, which I was deaning. The retreat went really well and gave us the opportunity to visit with some good friends. There was a nice move of the Spirit for students to surrender their lives to God on Saturday night. Our speaker, Dustin Staples, did an excellent job with each of the messages. It was great to see him and Ashley. Becky and I co-led worship, each of us taking 2 services and leading. She did a wonderful job.

Church Review: Wasn't there. But I have heard that the guest worship leader did a great job.

Where I Am At the Moment: I am at home. Abbie is napping. Her daycare is closed today for Columbus Day. Which is fine by me because I don't really feel like doing much.

On My To-Do List This Week: Now that the retreats are over, its time to concentrate even more on School. This is reading week, so I have a couple mid-terms to do and some other projects. All of it managable once I get organized. I have some paperwork to catch up on at work as well.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie had 2 molars come in this week. It hasn't been terrible...she's just not been herself at times. She is also getting more shy around people that she doesn't know.

Book I am in the Midst Of: I skimmed the book "The History of the United Bretheren Church" the other day. I have some books to read this week for school.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: I downloaded Anberlin's new CD this past week. It is really good. They re-recorded one of my favorite songs "Feel Good Drag". Great ear candy. If I haven't posted it here before, you really should listen to Brooke Fraser's new CD "Albertine". Very well done. (She's the author of the Hillsong song "Hosanna.")

How I Feel About this week: I'm tired. I feel like I have a lot of school work to do this week, but it will be better once I get organized.

No comments: