Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rob Bell Interview

Actually, I don't interview Rob Bell. It would be cool, but I don't have that kind of influence that I could call Rob up and interview him.

So Rob has come out with a new book, Jesus Wants to Save Christians. I think the title is genuis, but I know that others are offended by it. I have yet to read the book (it's not on my seminary reading list for some reason), but I heard a really good interview with Rob regarding the book. Relevant Magazine has a 2 part interview with Rob on their October 6 and October 13 podcast that is available on iTunes for free and from their website. The interview is pretty candid about the book and some of the criticism that Rob receives from many churches. Relevant also has a print interview up on their site with Rob.

I am personally looking forward to reading the book and being challenged in my understanding of our faith...especially in our American context.

So what are your thoughts? Do you agree/enjoy/grow from Rob Bell's teaching, writings, or nooma videos? Or are you ready to burn his books and call him a heretic? Somewhere in between? Talk back in the comments.

No comments: