Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday Morning Update

the weekend that was: It's Labor Day weekend. Andrea's parents were in for most of the weekend. Abbie had a fever during the early part, so we could go to the beach on Friday as planned. Saturday, I golfed with Andrea's dad and two friends from church. Beautiful course. I hit the ball really well on the front nine, and then looked like I have never played before on the back nine. Sunday was Sunday (see below)

Church Review: Worship was alright. For a holiday weekend, we had a decent turnout and people seemed engaged for the most part. I preached for the second week on Jesus' teachings on the Kingdom. This week was a little more difficult than last, but I think it went alright. It was week two of our new service. We had just over 30 there. As I said last week, I think this number will go up in a couple of weeks. The new service is nice because it is so small an intimate.

where i am at the moment: I am at home enjoying a few minutes before Andrea and Abbie wake up.

On to-do list this week: It's a short week this week. I'll be getting ready for the weekend services, but also updating a procedural policy for our church. And, I start school this week, which means I'll be spending 30 hours in Philadelphia.

What Abbie is up to: More teething. She's been running a low grade fever for four days. On Sunday, she screamed most of the day/afternoon. We took her to the ER yesterday because we were certain she had an ear infection, and Tuesday was a long time to wait to get to the doctor. After screaming all the way until we got to the ER, when we got to the waiting room, she was running around as if nothing was wrong. But it turns out she does have an ear infection, so we got some antibiotics. We're just waiting on the teeth!

book i’m in the midst of: I have not made much progress on the two I mentioned last week. They were Suprised By Hope by N.T. Wright, and Reasons to Believe by John Marks.

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Nothing. I listen to a new worship CD by john Augee and did not like it at all.

How I feel about this week: One word- School. Uggh.

No comments: