Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Morning Update: September 22, 2008

The Weekend That Was: Talk about a busy week. I am mostly in the church office on Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday before heading to seminary. I had a District Clergy meeting on Tuesday of last week, which put an iron in my week. The week flew by. Our new youth pastor, Steven Wiseman, arrived on Tuesday and moved into his new place on Wednesday. We had Steven and his family over for dinner on Friday, which was a lot of fun. The weekend was a combination of busy and lazy. I didn't have a lot of school work, so I took a little break from that. One annoying note, because I live in Sussex County in Delaware, my two CBS stations were carrying the Browns-Ravens game rather than the Steelers-Eagles game. Andrea and I have had that game marked on our calendar for some time now. It was frustrating not to watch...although Pittsburgh lost.

Church Review: Church went pretty well. We are in the middle of our capital campaign. Our lay leader shared a testimony of the importance that Avenue Church has played in her life and faith development. It was moving to hear her story.

Where I Am At the Moment: Counting down the minutes until 12:30 b/c that's when I'm going to lunch. I'm hungry! Otherwise I'm in my office right now.

On My To-Do List This Week: This week is "get-ahead" week. I have no seminary projects, so I have been doing my reading and working on projects that are due 2-3 weeks out. I am going to have to work ahead as much as possible to stay up on this semester.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: To teeth or not to teeth, that is the questions. Abbie is giving us signs of working on her incisors/molars...but then again, we've seen some of those signs since the first of July. On Saturday, I get her up from her nap and told her we were going outside to the playground...to which her reply was, "Oh Wow!" To cute for words.

Book I am in the Midst Of: I thought I would share a few books that I have to read for seminary. Here are four out of around 17 books that I have to read this semester.
  • Living God- Thomas Oden (Systematic Theology)
  • Sexism and God-Talk: Toward a Feminist Theology- Ruether (Systematic Theology)
  • Grasping God's Word- Duvall and Hayes (Biblical Interpretation)
  • World Methodism- Cracknell and White (Methodist History)
Music That Caught My Attention This Week: Too busy to listen to new music this week. I listened to The Robbie Seay Band to get ready for worship. They are great!

How I Feel About this week: Relaxed.

No comments: