Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Morning Update: September 15, 2008

The Weekend That Was: It was a mixed bag on the weekend. On Friday, I was off (which is good) and was trying to get a buch of work for seminary done and my brand new laptop crashed (which is not good). So I spent a good deal of time with the manufacturer to ensure that it did, in fact, crash. Now I am waiting for them to send shipping stuff to send it away. We all went to New Jersey on Friday. Andrea went to the Women of Faith conference with her mom, while I stayed at the Logan's with Abbie. Saturday was alright. Hanging out with Abbie was good. Trying to read systematic theology was rough. Sunday was nice in that it was kinda lazy. Seeing the Steelers beat up on the Browns is always good.

Church Review: We had our first official 11:07 service yesterday. It went well. Since we have 2 services going on at the same time, and an important capital campaign, we recorded the 9:30 sermon to DVD and show it at 11:07 since Earle was in the sanctuary at the traditional service. That went pretty well. (There are tons of churches that do that every week) We began a new young married couples Bible Study last night as well and it is off to a good start. Out of the couples there, Andrea and I are the oldest..which is kinda scary.

Where I Am At the Moment: I should be at the gym, but it is so hard to make it to the gym and back and then get to work on time. I know, I'm pretty good at rationalizing.

On My To-Do List This Week: Nothing backbreaking...although I need to continue to be diligent in my seminary work. Our new youth pastor arrives this week, so I will be making myself available as much as possible.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie is continuing to increase her vocab. When we say "Amen" after prayers at meals or before bed, Abbie says "Amen" as well. Pretty cute.

Book I am in the Midst Of: I am dropping this one from the list, unless I run into a really good book on my seminary reading list. I won't be doing much recreational reading for awhile. I did pick up "The Shack" the other day, but I can't see myself reading it before Christmas.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: Alright, I listened to some new music thanks to Relevent TV being back on the web. I have been listening to Lady Sovreign all week long. She is from the UK and is better than 99% of the rappers here in the states. Very catchy. It stays in my head all day long.

How I Feel About this week: Optimistic for a good week.

No comments: