Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Update

It's Monday. Nothing helps a Monday out like routine to help one settle into the week to come. So I am introducing a Monday blog that I will hopefully use each Monday to look back on the weekend and look towards the week ahead. Marko at ysmarko.com uses this, and I am going to shamelessly steal it.

the weekend that was: I actually wrote about this yesterday, but the Pirates-Phillies game plus golf = a pretty good weekend.

Church Review: Worship at Avenue was pretty good yesterday. Pastor Phyllis spoke and there was a nice response as people came to the altar and were prayed with. We may have threw some people off with the worship team flipping sides. I felt different leading worship from the left side of the stage. Strange.

where i am at the moment: I am sitting at my office computer at the church.

on my to-do list this week: I have a busy week ahead. I am prepping a sermon for Sunday and working on some capital campaign stuff for September. We begin interviewing candidates for our Youth Pastor vacancy. The family is going to Cape May on Thursday for a get away day. Andrea and I are taking 8 college students white water rafting on Friday/Saturday. And tonight (Monday) is date night with Andrea. *Whew*

What Abbie is up to: Right now, Abbie is showing considerably more clingy-ness than she has in the past month or two. She is a very independant girl, so this is a little suprising. It's tough to clean the house or cook a meal when she just wants to be held, near one us. We have a suspicsion that a new tooth could be in the works. (but we've thought that for several weeks now)

book i’m in the midst of: Suprised By Hope by N.T. Wright, and Reasons to Believe by John Marks.

music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I have been listening to The Classic Crime's new CD, The Silver Cord. I also downloaded Brooke Fraser's song Shadowfeet this week. She is a member of Hillsong United's worship team and authored the powerful worship song Hosanna. On her own, she is a rising star down under and has a new CD out.

how i’m feeling about this week: Busy

No comments: