Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another Weekend Wrap-Up

The LaMotte weekend really consited of two days. The first, on Friday, I watched Abbie during the day. We had a good daddy-daughter day. We went to the park and played. Just two months ago, she cried when she got near the playground equipment, now she is having so much fun playing on it.

That night, we went to the Pirates vs. Phillies in Philadelphia with Andrea's family. I wore my new Pirates shirt and hat, fully prepared to be verbally abused and harassed by the Philly fans. I was wrong. Not one single rude or derogatory comment. Why am I disappointed about this? In some way, the fans of Philadelphia let me down. On the other hand, I root for the Pirates. They suck, and no one else really cares about them.

The game was great. Abbie made it until the middle of the 10th inning. The Pirates ended up winning in 12 innings. I wish I could have seen the ending, but it was fun to be at the game as a family.

On Saturday, I went golfing with Andrea's dad. I played my normal game, which is a 110. That is not good at all. I really need to golf more so I can get better.

The really funny thing about golf is the male desire to impress the people around them. Twice I heard someone say something to the affect of how long there were going to hit the ball (really long), and then shank the ball really badly. I tend to stay really quiet on the course and let me play (no matter how bad) do the talking.

No comments: