Sunday, February 24, 2008

Passion Regional Conference: Washington D.C.



Our Passion Conference weekend got off to a little icy start. While watching the weather, I decided not to bring our group to D.C. on Friday. The incoming track didn't look too promising. With that decision made, we left early on Saturday for the Passion Conference in DC.

Now, I've been a fan of the Passion cd's since they first started coming out. I always wanted to go to Atlanta or Tennessee to the big four day conference. So I was pretty excited to be able to take a group of students from our church. This was kind of the big kick-off for our college/young adult ministry as we look to begin bigger things in May.

The conference was everything I thought it would be. Great worship, challenging messages, and an electric atmosphere. I really enjoyed Charlie Hall as he led worship. Francis Chan gave a great talk about resting the knowledge that God loves us...and that God cannot love us any less or any more than how much He loves us right now. This is a tough thing to grasp because there are times where I feel I try to earn God's love.

I also appreciated the prayer time at the end of the evening for the different campuses, students, and towns. I think it gave me a fresh heart to be in prayer for our college students on a different level...going for more depth. I was also encouraged to be in prayer for Milford and how our church can be a beacon to our community.

All in all, it was a great day. I'm a little tired (I only got 4 hours sleep before getting up for church). But I feel blessed to be able to worship the True God with the students who gathered this weekend.

No comments: