Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Day of Thanksgiving...


It's Tuesday before Thanksgiving and probably my last time on the internet until Sunday, so I thought I would post. I am leaving for the holiday today. Andrea and I are going to Pennsylvania where it is to snow the next 5 days! We'll be with my family for Thanksgiving. We'll also celebrate Christmas with them since we head the other direction in December.

So what am I Thankful for this year??

10. A Warm House to Come Home To: Although with gas and electric prices, it won't be quite as warm...but it is still warmer than the alternative.

9. A Great Church to Minister In: I am blessed to be apart of Avenue. There are flaws of course, but God has really stretched and helped me grow in the last 4 1/2 years here.

8. Great Family: Both sides of family are great. It's a blessing to have parent's and in-laws who are Christians and who pray for us every day.

7. Mama Maria's Pizza: Nothing better than a slice of Sicillian Pizza when I am hungry!

6. DSL Internet Connection: DSL has saved many a headache and long night on dial-up. Thank you Verizon!

5. My Salvation: I cannot describe how much God has done for my life or how much I have felt and seen his hand in my life over the last 12 years especially. I am thankful that God can love a sinner like me, and desire to provide a way for me to experience his love, grace, forgiveness, and mercy. Thank you Jesus for dying on the Cross for me!

4. The United States: Sure, it's the "cool" thing to do right now...to bash our president and our country and look at all our flaws and shortcomings...but come on...how cool is it that we can say what we want (even when we should keep our mouth shut), worship in freedom, have food on our shelves, gas in our cars, electric 24/7, etc., etc., etc.! It is a blessing to live in the 'ol USA.

3. Good Friends: In the 4 1/2 years that we've been in Milford, this is the first year that we've had some really good friends. You have all been such a blessing and encouragement to both Andrea and I.

2. The iPod: Could this be the greatest invention of all-time? Well, ok, maybe not...but it is certainly the coolest. Andrea got me an iPod mini for my birthday, and I love it. No more listening to whole CD's or buying a $18 CD for 2 songs! Thank you Steve Jobs for this slice of heaven.

1. My wife, Andrea: Ok, I won't get too mushy, but I am really thankful for Andrea and our marriage. You are the best thing that has happened in my life...and everyday I am thankful for you.

That's it! Have a great weekend. Until next time..."Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His love endures forever."

No comments: