Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Just Sitting At My Desk

It has been really raining here in Delaware. Mom and Dad were down for the weekend. Dad helped me put in a sidewalk. It looks good. They will be back this weekend for the award banquet.

Yesterday was my birthday..27!! I had to get my driver's liscense renewed on Monday. Wow! What a difference between the current and the one from 4 1/2 years ago when we moved to DE!! I look a lot older in the new one..and a little beefier (although I don't know if that is a good thing!)

Character counts! I read that somewhere on a billboard or something. Today in my devotions, I read Psalms chapter one. It talked about how those who stay away from the unrighteous will be blessed. It made me think of a Will Smith (the great actor/prophet/teacher/rapper) quote that I recently read. He said, "Take a close look at your five closest friends and you'll find out who you are." When we surround ourselves with Godly people, or people earnestly seeking Him, then we are more likley to be encouraged and to seek Him. If we surround ourselves with the unrighteous, with no support elsewhere, then our character will suffer.

I have great friends here in DE, although not many...but I am still seeking that one who will challenge me to grow even more. A mentor that is close at hand. That would make a great prayer request.

Now...off to play with my new iPod.

No comments: