Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Weekend in The 'Burgh!

Spent the last weekend in Pittsburgh at the National Youth Workers Convention. I had a great time other than being a part from Andrea. That stunk. But I got to do some pretty cool stuff. I went to the Steeler game (which the lost), got to see parts of old Forbes Field (I'm a Pirates Fan), and hear some great speakers.

Mark Yaconelli led of the conference by talking about Compassion. There are times in the gospels where Jesus looks over the crowd and has compassion on them. He feels deeply for them. Mark challenged us to see our students compassionatly.

I must admit that I sometimes don't feel compassion for some students. I am guilty of writing a student off. God has really convicted me of this over the weekend. Just because someone shows not interested, or gives the cold shoulder doesn't mean that I should stop caring or praying for that person.

Among many lessons, this is the one that sticks in my mind. God, give me compassion and love for those who are tough to love. Help me to reach out to those who don't know they need reached. Help me to step outside of my comfort zone and touch those who need your touch. Let me be your hands and feet. Amen.

No comments: