Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday Morning Update: February 9th, 2009

The Week That Was: This past week was a mixed bag. A week ago, the entire LaMotte family had some form of a virus. Fever, ear aches, etc. Thankfully, that has past. Last Tuesday, I Started up another round of classes. I am signed up for four classes (making me full-time), but I think I am dropping my one class because I want to be home more. Andrea had a baby shower in New Jersey on Saturday, so Abbie and I had a Daddy-Daughter day together. We had a blast. Now I am ready for another week!

Church Review: I am actually not going to review this week, but the previous week. I began a series called "Love is the Movement" where were looking at the call to Love God/Love Neighbor. At 11:07, we tried something different and sat at round tables, and rather than me speaking at the congregation, I asked a series of questions and allowed the tables to explore the scriptures. It worked pretty well for the first time. It was exciting to hear the tables talk about the topic of the day and work through some of the practical stuff. We'll definately be doing this again.

Where I Am At the Moment: I am currently in the office. I would like to get some music picked out for this weekend. I'll be heading to the gym soon as well.

On My To-Do List This Week: Pick out music, work on seminary homework. I also neeed to contact some people regarding our Guatemala trip.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie is a trip. She is fully healthy after being sick and very expressive. We went outside to play yesterday while large flocks of geese were flying over head (I think geese fly in gaggles). Abbie was telling the geese to go away. It was so funny!

Books I am in the Midst Of: It's seminary time again, so I am only doing required reading. I am working on Miracles by C.S. Lewis, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, New Testament Theology by I. Howard Marshall, and a book called Called and Committed (can't remember the author).

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: I've heard a lot of old-school Weezer this week. I think I will be downloading some this week.

How I Feel About this week: Upbeat.

No comments: