Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Monday Morning Update: September 29th

The Weekend That Was: This past weekend was pretty nice. On Friday, Andrea and I stayed home and hung out with the little munchkin. On Saturday, a Nor'Easter came through, so it rained a lot. We were still able to go on a family bike ride. We also went out for dinner together, which was nice. I only get three hours sleep on Saturday night because I was stressing about some things coming up work wise. Sunday worship was good. We announced our leadership pledges for our capital campaign. While people clapped, there was a brief moment of hesitation before clapping...so i don't know if that meant anything. It's kinda strange doing a captial campaign when the government is planning a 700 billion dollar rescue of many banks. We certainly didn't forsee that!

Church Review: As I mentioned above, church went pretty well. One of our members shared her testimony of how God has provided for her. It was really moving! It is so amazing to hear the stories of regular people and how God is working in their lives. Testimonies are such an excellent medium for shairng the realities of God's hand at work in our lives.

Where I Am At the Moment: I'm in my office on a Tuesday (retro-actice MMUpdate.).

On My To-Do List This Week: Besides seminary work, I have two retreats that I am incharge of over the next two weeks. I am doing preparations for that. I am also beginning working on a sermon series called iWorship that will look at some different facets of worsip and take a look at what worship should be.

What Abbie is Up To This Week: This girl is too cute. On Wednesday, I was at seminary. Abbie brings out a picture of me, shows it to Andrea, and then gives it a kiss. Later, when I call them, I speak with Abbie on the phone and she says hi to me (first time saying hi to someone on the phone). When Andrea pulled the phone away, she reaches out and gives me a kiss over the phone. Too cute!

Book I am in the Midst Of: See last week's list.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: Too busy to listen to new music this week. I
listened to The Robbie Seay Band to get ready for worship. They are great!

How I Feel About this week: Can't wait until the next two weeks are over!

No comments: