Monday, July 28, 2008

Final Thoughts From Jr. High I @ Delanco

It's Monday afternoon, and I have had a little time to process the week that was Jr. High I @ Delanco Camp. Our theme for the week was Set-Apart, and I used 1 Peter 1:13-16 for my text. Overall, I thought the messages went ok. Last year, I build the messages to climax around Wednesday or Thursday. This year, they climaxed on Friday. The basic themes for the nights were; Hope, Grace, Holiness, Loving One Anothere, Daring to Be Different. Looking back, I think I could have done Tuesday and Wednesday (Grace/Holiness) more effectively. Overall, though, I think it went alright.



The camp itself was pretty good. It was a more low-key group of campers this year compared to last year, which obviously changed some of the dynamics. I thought the leadership team did a more consistent job this year than last, which may be from another year of maturity.



There were minor things that could have been better, but they are not worth mentioning because they are, well, minor. I'm looking forward to being there next year.

No comments: