Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Musings

It's Saturday afternoon. Andrea is at a confirmation retreat and Abbie is taking a nap. I just finished a project for seminary and now am listening to the Pirates lose big time to the Cubbies. Sigh.

  • I am preaching tomorrow at Avenue. I am using Luke 17:11-19 as my text. It's when Jesus heals the ten lepers and only one returns to thank Jesus and give God glory. It was interesting as I prepared for the sermon that in the verses surrounding this passage- the people you expect to repsond to Jesus do not do so, and the people one might think would be opposed to Jesus respond. The Rich Young Ruler vs. Zacchaeus is a great example of this dichotemy. You can check out the sermon at www.avenue-umc.org/listen later next week.
  • I've come to the conclusion that we (the United States) should boycott the Olympics in China because of human rights issues.
  • I am ready for seminary to be over for the semester. Bring on summer and laid back evenings.
  • Ugghh, the Pirates are frustrating.
  • My good friend from college, BJ Whitaker, came to Avenue on Wednesday night to share with us about his (and Rachel's ) call to do ministry in Spain. I am really excited for them. He did a great job sharing his passion and call for the people of Spain. You can check out his blog here. Check out his blog and consider supporting his work!

Until next time, have a great Sabbath tomorrow.

No comments: