Saturday, April 19, 2008

CD/Artist That Impacted My Life (pt. 3)

It's been awhile since I've continued this series on CD's and artist that have been influential in my life. This post- The O.C. Supertones.




I first heard the Supertones at The Mustard Seed Jam House in my hometown of PA. The Jam House was a Christian Coffee House for teens and featured some great music. The Adventures of The O.C. Supertones was like nothing I had heard before. Being from rural PA, I didn't hear any Ska or reggae influenced music until the Supertones. I really liked what I heard.


The thing that was most influential about the Supertones was always their lyrics. They were always Christ-centered and challenged me not to compromise my faith as a teen. Later CD's by the Supertones took on a worshipful feel on many of the songs. The Supertones were always in rotation on the CD player and continue to be on the iPod.


I cannot remember the first time I heard the Supertones live. I know I saw them at DC/LA 2000. In all, I probably saw them 6-7 times in concert. Their shows were pure feel good energy with lots of dancing. I had the priveledge of attending their farewell tour when it came to the Baltimore area with four good friends. It was a great evening! The picture below is one I took from the frontrow at DC/LA 2000 in Washington DC.


No comments: