Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year...

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. I really haven't gone AWOL. Church life gets so hectice right before Christmas...and I did my very best to stay off the computer while I was visiting family.

Christmas for the LaMotte's was a pretty good affair. We had very nice Christmas Eve services with over 1000 people attending. Christmas morning was fun. Abbie had a good time playing with the wrapping paper. Abbie did get a lot of gifts (most from the Grandparents). It was great to see both sides of the family this year. During the past six years, we've only seen Andrea's side of the family at Christmas- and spent Thanksgiving at mine.

New Year's was a pretty low key ordeal for us. I skipped the Fusion New Year's Eve party to stay home with Andrea and Abbie. Andrea and I took advantage of the quiet night and watched some of season 3 of Lost. We hope to be caught up before it starts back up on January 31st. We're off to a good start.

I think that our biggest blessing of Christmas is just the reiteration of how great our families our. They are certainly not perfect, but they are loving and they are family. The holidays would be a pretty dismal sight without family.

This has been a short week. I am the stage manager for the Youth Rally this weekend. Hopefully that goes well. The Steelers play their playoff game on Saturday night and I don't have high expectations. I am ok if they lose, that just creates more time to play with Abbie and watch LOST.

No comments: