Monday, December 17, 2007

Celebrating the Anniversary...

Sunday was our 7th anniversary! In typical LaMotte fashion, I was at Youth Group on Sunday. But we did make plans and celebrated our anniversary on Friday. Andrea's parents came down and watched Abbie for us, which gave us the opportunity to go out.

The celebration started with Andrea receiving 100 blooms of Peruvian Lilies(sounds exotic, they're beautiful). We had decided ahead of time to go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Ocean City for dinner. We love Ruth's Chris! We also love having credit card points to redeem for giftcards to Ruth's Chris so we don't have to actually pay for the meal! The meal, by the way, was very good!

The big suprise of the night was my gift to Andrea. I got her a diamond bracelet (The bangle kind) with seven diamonds in it. I was able to speak with our server away from Andrea and gave her my coatcheck ticket and she was to get the box out of my coat and bring the bracelet out when she brought us our dessert. Yeah, I'm that smooth.

It worked perfectly! Our server brought our dessert, two glasses of champagne, and the bracelet. When she put the box down, Andrea was very suprised, knowing there had to be some sort of jewelry in it. She opened it up and her face just lit up as she saw the bracelet for the first time!

It was a great evening with the person I love most in this world! We're looking forward to the next many years of being together!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww - that's so sweet! Happy Anniversary by the way! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time together! :)