Saturday, December 01, 2007

Welcome December

It's December 1st. According to me, it is the official start of the Christmas Season. (Yes Wal-Mart and others of their ilk begin shortly after Labor Day) Andrea and I have some traditions that we keep around Christmas.

1. Christmas Music after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas music, but it has to be in the right context. We don't start Christmas Music until Thanksgiving day.

2. Christmas Movies. There are certain holiday movies that you must watch. Ours include; National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, and I believe Elf might make it on our must watch list.

Speaking of Christmas Movies, we began to watch Home Alone last night after Abbie went to bed. It's a cute movie that I've probably seen 100 times. But, did you know, that the movie is 16 years old? I was 13 when it came out! When Home Alone became available on video, the movie was in the Top 3 Grossing Movies of All-Time. That stunned me to read that. Everytime I put aftershave on my face, I want to scream like Macully Caulkin!

3. Christmas Decorating- Andrea got many of the decorations out this year and has begun to decorate the inside of the house. It was too cold today to put up lights, but they are coming!

All this said, I'm looking forward to a great holiday season. My seminary work is done, and I can relax at home with the family!

No comments: