Sunday, November 25, 2007

Worship Review

I wanted to take a quick review of worship @ the 9:30 service this morning. For the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I thought it was well attended and very full. Some people had trouble finding seats.



Opening Worship: Musically, I thought the praise team sounded good. It's so hard to see if people are getting into God's presence sometimes from the front. I would probably give it a 3.0/5.0.



Sharing of Joys/Concerns: This is one of my favorite times of the service. Today was awesome as many people share about what they are thankful for without anyone asking them to. It was started by a young boy (8 yr. old) who shared he was thankful for his family. It was just uplifting to hear everyone's thankfulness. 5.0/5.0



Sermon: Hmmmm....how do you rate yourself on the sermon? I thought it went well. The delivery was decent...it certainly could have been more polished. The content was alright, although I always wish after the fact that I would have put more time developing ideas and thoughts before hand. I think I fall into the trap of going with the first thought rather than developing the idea more fully. In all, I thought the sermon was ok. You can go to www.avenue.umc.org/listen later in the week to listen to the sermon. (Or search Avenue United Methodist Church on iTunes in the podcast to listen in. 4.0/5.0



Closing Worship: There was a nice response to the message. People brought there tithing committment cards forward to the altar (which was unrelated to my message). There were also many who came forward to pray about how to respond to Christ's birth this Christmas Season. 4.5/5.0



All in all, I thought it was a good Sunday, with a good challenge for us all to respond appropriately to God's love for us this Christmas Season.

No comments: