Friday, December 30, 2005

Mid-Day Musings

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Andrea and I had a great time with her family. While we were there, we made a trip to NYC. It was my first time there. We just went sight-seeing. Went to the top of the Empire State Building. Pretty cool stuff.

I have been out of sync lately. Kinda down, out of sorts. Today, I feel like I could quite my job in a heart beat. Nothing bad has happened. I just wonder if it is where I am suppose to be. I enjoy ministry; the challenges, the growth, etc., but there are so many things I lack as a pastor. I sometimes wonder if I should be a construction worker and be involved in the church. Am I really where God wants me?It's beeen one of those days.

I am reading Don Miller's book, Searching for God Knows What. I really resonate with Don's writing. The book, so far, has been about his growth from treating God as head knowledge to being in an intimate relationship with God. If you haven't read any of his books...do it now! Check him out here!

Not too much else going on. I need to turn in my passport application today...then we might go do some Christmas returns.

More to come.

No comments: