Thursday, November 03, 2005

Beautiful Morning to Skip Work...


It is a beautiful day today...I don't feel like staying in the office today, but as always, there is work to get done. But at least I will be outside later to see some of our middle school students play football.


Just a catch up on the photo...that is me making my pilgramage journey to the mecca of football, Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, on this ill-fated visit, Tommy Maddox threw the game away.

I am preparing a sermon series for advent with it's roots in C.S. Lewis book, The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Pretty cliche since the movie is getting ready to come out, but I have always loved the book. I have recently re-read the book (as well as the whole series) and it just fascinates me to see the spiritual metaphors and images that are used in the book. Of course, I knew it was retelling the story of Jesus and our faith, but I had never read it with these open eyes.

Here is the tentative low-down for the four week message:

Week One: Eating Some Turkish Delight: When What We're Consumed With Leaves
Us Empty and Unsatisfied.

Week Two: Always Winter and Never Christmas: Bring Life to a lifeless world.

Week Three: Is He Safe? (Following a God of Danger, Adventure, and Justice)

Week Four: ***Not Quite Sure Yet***

Christmas Eve: Long Live The King! (Celebrating the Birth of The King)


Have any suggestions? Leave a comment. Otherwise, I am out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts. I have a free knitting patterns site. You can find everything about free knitting patterns as well as knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Rod

Anonymous said...

China Reportedly Shuts Down Blog
Chinese authorities have blocked a pro-democracy Web log after it was nominated for a freedom of expression award by a German radio station, a press freedom group said Thursday.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction of pa on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction of pa!