Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monday Morning Update (Tuesday Style) February 17th, 2009

The Week That Was: This past week was full of reading. 600 pages worth. As I think back, I don't really remember doing much else. It's not like reading a Harry Potter or a Ted Dekker book where you get caught up in the story and before you know it you've read for 2 straight hours. Some of the reading is pretty dense. We had a family Valentine's Day. I got Andrea a pedicure for V-Day (which she loved), while Abbie and I walked the mall. We went out for lunch at a new pizza place we found. It was very good!

Church Review: We brought back the round tables for worship at 11:07 this week. It was pretty cool. I had the congregation share their joys and concerns around the table before sharing them to the entire group. Down the road, we'll have each table pray for one another, but we'll work them up to that.

Where I Am At the Moment: I am in my office trying to get some work done before leaving for school.

On My To-Do List This Week: Pick out music for Sunday, post some sermons on iTunes, try to get our check-in system up and running, and write a sermon...all on top of more seminary work!

What Abbie is Up To This Week: Abbie spent President's Day with Grandma Logan. She was not to thrilled to see her leave. But boy did Abbie talk up a storm to her!

Books I am in the Midst Of: It's seminary time again, so I am only doing required reading. I finished Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. While I have read it before, it was great re-reading it to reorient some things in my life and leadership style. I would highly recommend this book! Otherwise, I am reading a lot of the same stuff I was last week.

Music That Caught My Attention This Week: Nothing really caught my attention...but the JabbawockeeZ were pretty awesome at the NBA All-Star Game with Shaq.



How I Feel About this week: Good

No comments: