Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Catch Up Blog

I usually write up a blog on Monday, which I didn't do because of a 3 day staff training in Rehoboth Beach and now I am in seminary. I thought that I would just post a few quick thoughts as I am in between some work at school.

Sermon Series Update: The iWorship Series will conclude next Sunday (November 23rd). The message will be entitled Worship is Giving Thanks. If you missed the previous messages, they are available on Avenue's website. There is also a link there to our iTunes page.

The Dangerous Act of Worship: I have had several people ask about some of the resources that I used for last weeks sermon. I will be posting some books on here tomorrow with some worship and justice resources.

Pancake Dinner: One of our college students, Laura VanVorst, is heading to Romania in February for a four month long mission trip with Word Made Flesh. Avenue is hosting a fundraiser dinner this upcoming Monday (November 17th) from 5:30-7:00 p.m. The dinner is free (you can give donations toward the trip if you'd like). Laura will be on hand as a hostess. If you're in the Milford area, come out for a great meal, fellowship, and supporting one of our college students called by God to serve.

No comments: