Sunday, July 06, 2008

Vacation Rundown

Andrea, Abbie, and myself joined the rest of the Logan family for vacation in Williamsburg, VA this past week for vacation. It was pretty relaxing and enjoyable.

  • On Monday, we went to Busch Gardens. It was a great day to be there. The longest line was 40 minutes for DarKastle, which was way better than I thought it would be. The Griffon was amazing (although short). We rode in the very front row, which is intense as they dangle you over the top of a 200 foot hill and hit the pause button. A great rush.
  • On Tuesday and Thursday I golfed with my father-in-law and Joel. I hadn't golfed in several weeks. Part of the day I did well. Over two days, I played bogey golf for about 11 consecutive holes. That's pretty decent for me.
  • We went to Jamestown one morning to check things out. Not much really there. I really enjoyed being in the church that is at the settlement. Somewhere in my family tree I am related to Pochahontas and husband John Rolfe (not John Smith). It was cool to consider some of my ancestors landing in Jamestown and what they had to go through to make it in the New World.
  • Andrea and I took Abbie to Williamsburg before heading home on Saturday. It was really enjoyable. We didn't get tickets, but just walked around and enjoyed the morning.
  • We also swam, ate, and read a lot. I read two books while on vacation. One being The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. This is a really good vacation book. The other was Who Stole My Church by Gordon MacDonald. Good book for pastors serving in churches that are trying to change the culture and not be stuck in a dying church.

It was a great vacation, but as always, it is great to be home. I have two weeks to prepare for Delanco Camp...which I started one evening when I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. More on that later.

No comments: