Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Family Update

It's been almost 10 days since I have written anything here. That must mean school has started! I have one week down and classes were cancelled this week because of weather. So here is the lowdown of what's been going on.

Abbie's Big Weekend: This past weekend was a big one for our daughter, Abigail. First, she has put all the pieces together and has started to crawl. She doesn't go very far, but she can get to where she wants to go. Mostly Abbie crawls back and forth in our living room. She does not have the exploring spirit in her yet.

On Sunday night, I was awakened at 4:40 a.m. to Abbie babbling to herself in her crib. This is a little early to be up- and I wanted her (and myself) to go back to sleep. When I walked into Abbie's room, she was standing at her crib. Abbie has always loved to stand, but now she can pull herself up in the standing position. We woke up the next three mornings around 4:30 to Abbie standing and talking to herself.

So it's been a big weekend...crawling and standing. Believe it or not, she is trying to stand on her own. She will let go of the couch or our hands and work on her balance. We're in so much trouble!

School Starts Back Up: As I said above, I am back in session at Palmer Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. I go to class on Tuesday afternoon and return on Wednesday afternoon. I really don't like being away from home for almost 24 hours, but it could be worse. My workload for class won't be terribly difficult.

Spring Training Arrives Tomorrow: Yeah, this isn't really an update, just sharing my anticipation and joy for the beginning of baseball. I am so tired of hearing about Roger Clemens and the whole steroid thing. I want to see the rookies alongside the vets and see who will make an impact. Heck, even in Spring Training my Pirates have hope that they will be good...er....decent.....er.....not suck too badly....ah....ok, they have no hope.

Kentucky Gets Beat By 50? I couldn't believe how poorly Kentucky played against Vandy. Now, this is the time of year when I finally get interested in College Basketball and was all excited to watch UK play last night. But they only scored 11 points in the first half! and ended up losing by 50 points. It's a sad, sad, day in Big Blue land. Thankfully, it's only one game- and it's not the NCAA Tournament. Yet.

No comments: