Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thursday's Musings...

I am on my way to meet my mentor for lunch. I actually was suppose to meet him yesterday, but he forgot. Way to go!

Andrea is in Lancaster today and tomorrow at a teacher's convention, which means that I will work long hours to offset the time at home alone.

I really need to start putting together some stuff for my Advent Sermon series. I will be posting that information on this site. It will contain sermon notes and other insight that I might have...and some purely random thoughts, as usual.

One of our senior students has felt God calling her to become a missionary. She has a great heart, and you can hear her passion when you speak with her. It is really exciting to see someone willing to step away from the multitudes and to follow where God is leading. Isn't that what Simon, Andrew, James, and John did when Jesus called them to follow? They left everything that was known to them, they left their jobs, their security, even their families to follow Jesus.

Isn't that what we are to do as followers? As disciples? I know I am guilty of staying where things are comfortable. Staying where I am secure. I need to work on moving out of my comfort zone on a daily basis to be the man of God He desires me to be.

No comments: