Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Let It Rain!


It's pretty hot in Delaware today. The heat index is around 107. As soon as I go outside, my clothes begin to stick to me and I start to sweat.

It makes me want a swimming pool. That would really make my wife happy although we both know we can't afford it. But it would be so refreshing to jump in the pool this evening.

As stated in earlier post, I've had a 'blah' last few weeks. Especially spiritually. I really don't know what it is. Probably apathy on my part. There is one place where I have felt refreshed though...that is worship. It energizes, envigorates, and brings life to my parched soul. In the Gospel, the Samaritan woman at the well encounters Jesus and he talks about living water that He can provide. Water that will quench our thirst...and bring us life. Why do I run from that sometimes? Why do I want to do things my way? What I really want is to jump in head first into this living water...but for some reason I forget how renewing it is and I go about the day doing things my way. Will I ever learn? We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: